As an initial step in laying down the foundation of the Society and recruiting members to its membership, the body of members shall be divided in Chapters by country. Country’s Chapters president shall be designated initially by the Society’s president with final approval by the Executive Council. Once the body of members have been stabilized, Country’s Chapters presidents shall be elected.
1- Active membership shall include individuals who have a special interest and competency in cosmetic surgeries and aesthetic medicine . There shall be no limit on the number of active members. The requirements for active membership are as follows:
• Applicant must complete a current application furnished online.
• Applicant shall submit two (2) letters of recommendation, including but not limited to letters from:
a. the chairperson of his/her residency program or verification, or from the department chief of his/her current hospital facility or verification.
b. his/her cosmetic surgery fellowship director, if applicable, or verification of completion of fellowship.
c. any other practicing physician.
• Applicant shall submit proof of a current valid and unrestricted medical license in good standing in the jurisdiction where the applicant practices.
• Applicant must submit an explanation of any current or past disciplinary action by any public medical board.
• Applicant shall submit current copy of his/her curriculum vitae, certified by applicant as being true and correct as of the date submitted.
• Each member-in-training candidate must have documentation of training status provided by the director of the training program.
2- Associate members shall include those physicians whose special qualifications are deemed valuable to the Society, but who do not qualify for active member, member-in-training, or corresponding member categories. Nomination for associate members must be made in writing, by two active members or Fellows, and approved by the Membership Applications Committee and Board.
3- Clinical associate members represent non-physician members of the medical profession who have a special interest and competency in cosmetic surgeries and aesthetic medicine. Clinical associates include, but are not limited to, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, basic scientists, clinical researchers, and paramedical professionals. Applications must be made in writing to the Membership Applications Committee and must include a completed application form and additional documentation as determined by the Membership Applications Committee and Board.
4- Scientist membership shall include individuals whose primary interest is in basic or clinical research as it pertains to cosmetic surgeries and aesthetic medicine:
1. Each candidate must have a Master’s Degree, PhD, or equivalent degree.
2. Each candidate must show proof of a primary research interest in aesthetic medicine, including time spent in basic research endeavors or clinical research.
5- Fellows shall be members of the Society who have made a significant contribution to cosmetic surgeries and aesthetic medicine. There will be no limit on the number of Fellows. The requirements for active Fellows membership are as follows:
1. Active Fellow candidates shall have been an active member in good standing of the Society for at least five years.
2. The candidate shall have made a significant contribution to cosmetic surgeries and aesthetic medicine by fulfilling at least one of the following criteria:
a. The candidate shall have been the first author of at least eight significant papers on cosmetic surgeries and aesthetic medicine in refereed journals.
b. The candidate shall have been involved in the full-time supervision and training of residents and/or fellows in cosmetic surgeries and aesthetic medicine for a minimum of eight years.
c. The candidate shall have been an exceptional leader or teacher through his/her service to cosmetic surgeries and aesthetic medicine.
6- Applicant Must Furnish Proof of Prior Certification By an: “approved board”
b. General Surgery
c. Obstetrics and Gynecology
d. Ophthalmology with completion of an approved Oculoplastic fellowship
f. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
g. Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
h. General Practitioner
7- Honorary Fellows shall include those individuals who do not meet requirements for active membership, but who have made outstanding contributions to cosmetic surgeries and aesthetic medicine. Honorary Fellows must be nominated by an active Fellow in good standing of the Society.