By becoming an International Cosmetic Physicians Society (“ICPS”) member, you agree to this Membership Agreement which forms a legally enforceable contract between ICPS and you.
In consideration for membership in ICPS:
1. Membership. As an ICPS member, you will enjoy the rights and privileges identified in ICPS Articles of Incorporation, Bylaws, and/or other policies. ICPS may alter member rights, privileges, and responsibilities in its discretion and without any liability to you.
2. Rights of Membership and Fellowship:
a. Active and scientist members have the right to attend and to address all business sessions of the Society, to vote, hold office, serve on boards and committees, and chair committees. Active and scientist members shall receive all official paper and electronic publications of the Society at rates set by the Board. The right of active and scientist members to vote shall be limited exclusively to the election of officers of the Society and other members of the Board, the approval of membership dues and assessments, and the approval of amendments to these bylaws or the Society’s articles of incorporation.
b. Active Fellows have the same rights as active and scientist members. In addition, they may attend the annual Fellows meeting and vote on amendments to these bylaws pertaining to the Fellows of the Society.
c. All other member categories have the same rights as defined for active and scientist members except they may not vote, hold office, or serve on boards.. They may serve on and chair committees. They may also receive the journals and other publications of the Society upon payment of the current subscription rate determined by the Board.
d. All members and Fellows have the right to attend the annual scientific meeting at rates determined by the Board.
3. Disciplinary Action
The Society may take disciplinary action against any member or Fellow of the Society who engages in conduct that the Society considers unprofessional, unethical, or offensive to the dignity or contrary to the best interests of the Society. Such disciplinary action may include expulsion, suspension, probation, or censure. The procedures for taking disciplinary action, including any penalties that may be imposed, shall be established by the Board and included in the Society’s Disciplinary Procedures Policy.
4. Dues.You agree to pay all dues established by ICPS in the manner and within the time specified by ICPS.
5. Disclaimer. You agree your ICPS membership and any goods and services provided by ICPS in connection therewith (collectively “Services”) are provided AS-IS without any representations or warranties of any kind or nature express, implied, or statutory. ICPS disclaims all representations and warranties, express, implied, and statutory, including, but not limited to, any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, workmanship, and non-infringement to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
6. Defense, Indemnification, and Hold Harmless. You shall defend, indemnify, and hold harmless ICPS and its directors, officers, employees, volunteers, agents, and other representatives and contractors (collectively “Indemnified Parties”) against all claims, demands, actions, causes of action, losses, damages, costs, and expenses of any kind (including, without limitation, legal fees and costs), directly or indirectly resulting from, arising out of, or in any way related to your ICPS membership.
7. Waiver of Liability. YOU HEREBY WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, ACTIONS, CAUSES OF ACTION, LOSSES, AND DAMAGES OF ANY KIND OR NATURE, YOU MAY HAVE AGAINST ICPS AND/OR THE INDEMNIFIED PARTIES DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY RESULTING FROM, ARISING OUT OF, OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO YOUR MEMBERSHIP IN ICPS INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY DISCIPLINE IMPOSED ON YOU BY ICPS. THIS WAIVER OF LIABILITY APPLIES TO ALL CLAIMS, ACTIONS, CAUSES OF ACTION, LOSSES, AND DAMAGES OF ANY KIND OR NATURE WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DIRECT, INDIRECT, GENERAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, STATUTORY, CONTRACTUAL, OR DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY OTHER KIND OR TYPE. THIS WAIVER OF LIABILITY APPLIES WHETHER THE ALLEGED LIABILITY IS BASED ON CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR ANY OTHER BASIS AND EVEN IF THE INDEMNIFIED PARTIES KNEW OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THIS WAIVER OF LIABILITY SHALL BE ENFORCEABLE TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
8. Attorney’s Fees and Costs. Should ICPS require an attorney to: (i) defend any claim, action, or cause of action brought by you or by a third party regarding your ICPS membership or conduct; and/or (ii) enforce ICPS’ rights under this Agreement, ICPS shall be entitled to recover reasonable attorney’s fees and any related fees and costs incurred by ICPS in connection therewith.